Terms & Conditions
i. General Terms and Conditions, to which everyone making use of the facilities operated by Paddleboarding London Ltd at The Pirate Castle or any of its locations or event sites must agree to; and
ii. Terms and Conditions relevant to specific activities at Paddleboarding London Ltd, including bookings for sessions, trips, SUP Yoga, membership, for which customers partaking in that activity or activities must agree to.
Customers, Club Members and Members details will be stored securely and solely for Paddleboarding London Ltd in compliance with all relevant Data Protection legislation.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Customers are reminded that water sports participation involves an element of risk and all customers agree to partake in their chosen activity or activities at Paddleboarding London Ltd at their own risk.
2. Paddleboarding London Ltd/The Pirate Castle/St Katharine Docks are busy sites and there are potentially many hazards, so please be mindful when moving around the premises.
3. Customers should be in good health, confident in the water and fit for their chosen activities.
4. By signing up to a course/session/lesson or by becoming a member you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, exclusion clause and declaration.
5. Any person suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and deemed to be unfit will be refused permission to take part in any activity and shall not be entitled to a refund.
6. No paddleboards are to launch without a qualified Paddleboarding London Ltd instructor. We do not offer equipment hire only sessions.
7. All participants must wear leashes and suitable buoyancy aids while on the water.
8. You are required to notify Paddleboarding London Ltd of any medical conditions that may impede your participation in activities. In particular, you should declare whether you suffer from EPILEPSY, ASTHMA, DIABETES, ANGINA or other HEART complaints as well as any contagious condition that may affect others such as Impetigo. If you or anyone associated with you is suffering from any of these or other conditions it does not necessarily restrict participation, but we may require further information before you are permitted to participate in activities at Paddleboarding London Ltd. It is also imperative that we are made aware of any severe allergies, which may cause an anaphylactic reaction which may include nut allergies, insect bites or stings, or allergy to penicillin etc.
9. Insurance against personal injury, accident or loss whilst on-site, using our facilities, undertaking a course, using any of our equipment is the responsibility of the customer. Paddleboarding London Ltd owners and operators will accept no liability for such injury, accident, damage or loss excepting liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence attributable to, and fault of, the owners and or operators.
10. Use of your own craft is only permitted only through membership.
11. Any infringement of these terms and conditions may result in you being asked to leave the site.
12. By signing up to a course, session or lesson or by becoming a member of London SUP & Social, you agree that the The Pirate Castle and Paddleboarding London Ltd, their servants, agents, licensees and any other person authorised to use their land for any purpose whatsoever or performing duties or tasks on their behalf or for themselves shall be under no liability whatsoever, excepting liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence attributed to and fault of either Paddleboarding London Ltd or The Pirate Castle for loss however caused to any chattel or property of yours on or around the property or surrounding land or other premises of/used by Paddleboarding London Ltd
Booking Terms and Conditions
36. Payment is due at time of booking for sessions and lessons.
37. All bookings are final. Sessions can be transferred with more than 72 hours’ notice to another date. All bookings are subject to our Weather, Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy. Attendees can be substituted by the original booker/attendee with no notice.
38. No refunds will be given for missed lessons.
39. Latecomers (more than 5 minutes past the lesson start time) may be refused participation and no refund is due. Please ensure that you are on time. Sessions start promptly at the time on the schedule.
40. During off peak times (winter months) a minimum of 4 is needed for all sessions (including club sessions). Sessions with fewer than 4 people booked may be cancelled with 24 hours’ notice and a full refund or rescheduling will be offered.
41. Should circumstances/weather make teaching impossible then you will be offered the opportunity to rebook or a full refund.
42. Refunds are not available to customers who start sessions and choose not to continue.
43. Every precaution is taken to ensure the hygiene of our stock wetsuits. Customers with known skin complaints which may be contagious are requested to contact Paddleboarding London Ltd in advance of their course.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership is required to participate in some lessons, sessions and/or events. A “Member” is someone who pays an annual fee to attend SUP club sessions at a discounted rate and participates in exclusive club events. “Membership” is the state of being a paid-up Member.
46. Membership runs for either 6 months (Silver) or 1 year (Gold) and will continue thereafter until written cancellation by the member.
47. Early termination of Membership will not result in partial or full refunds.
48. In the unlikely event that Paddleboarding London Ltd is unable to offer sessions for more than two consecutive months an extension or refund will be offered.
49. Members must ensure that they and their craft (if applicable) are covered by insurance in respect of third party claims.
50. A Member wishing to use their own paddle board will be required to certify that they are competent in its use and covered by third party insurance and have completed a registered user agreement. Equipment that does not belong to Paddleboarding London Ltd is not covered under any of its insurance.
51. It is the Members responsibility to make sure that Paddleboarding London Ltd has relevant and current contact details for themselves.
52. Any infringement of these terms will result in withdrawal of Membership without refund.
53. Any behaviour deemed as harassment, bullying or discrimination will not be tolerated. Depending on the severity of the behaviour in question members will either be given a formal warning or they can lead to permanent exclusion from the club. All decision are final.
By signing up to a course, session or event or becoming a Club Member, you are agreeing that all the details you provide are relevant to your chosen activity or applicable for all activities and are valid for up to one year from start date.
In addition, you provide consent for basic first aid to be administered, if deemed necessary, by qualified Paddleboarding London Ltd / The Pirate Castle/ St Katharine Dock staff as required, whilst on site. If there are any reasons why basic first aid cannot be administered, then you need to inform Paddleboarding London Ltd in advance.
Having provided us with your email address you have agreed to receive our emails keeping you informed of date changes, health and safety issues, changes to your user agreement, updates and changes to rules and regulations.
Paddleboarding London Ltd may takes photos of adults attending courses or using the lake facilities. These may be used for the following purposes,
Marketing material including brochures, leaflets and posters.
Social Media marketing – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
Online and paper news articles and adverts.
Any photos used will not be accompanied by any names or other personal information.
If you would prefer for us not to take photographs of you please notify Paddleboarding London Ltd. Should we use a photo of you that you do not wish to be used please contact us for removal.
It is agreed that the landlords, The Pirate Castle and Paddleboarding London Ltd, their servants, agents, licensees and any other person authorised to use their land for any purpose whatsoever or performing duties or tasks on their behalf or for themselves shall be under no liability whatsoever, accepting liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence attributed to and fault of either The Pirate Castle or Paddleboarding London Ltd, for loss however caused to any chattel or property of yours on or around The Pirate Castle or surrounding land or other premises.